DRY SEASONS




Sometimes life is just confusing, and I find myself lost and clueless. Which has all lead to me questioning God in what He is doing, why things are happening, where I am supposed to be, and what I am supposed to be doing?

I definitely have grown distant from the Lord these past few weeks. I've gotten lost in a hectic schedule where I constantly have something to do. Please don't get me wrong, I have had one amazing blessed summer, it's just been very busy.

I know, just as we are all told frequently, that in order to find God in these times that I need to seek Him through prayer and His word. I know how alive I feel after spending time in the word. I know the guidance I receive for times like these. I know the comfort and peace that fills me when I seek Him. I know the life it fills my heart and soul with.
However, at times find myself just staring at the solution right in front of my face and do absolutely nothing. I start dwelling on the struggles instead of the Savior. I start sitting in the emptiness I feel as my soul thirsts for the Lord. I begin feeling alone and lost. I know what I need to do in order to hear his voice call my name. I know what I need to do in order to see His arms wrapped around me. I know that He is here. My eyes just needed to be healed from their blindness and my ears just needed to be healed from their deafness.

I finally got the strength and courage to rise from this and breathe the air of true life again. It's absolutely amazing how present He truly is. I immediately felt a message on my heart. I once again am absolutely brought to my knees in awe of the Lord.
In the dry seasons, it is always refreshing to be filled with the water that nourishes and satisfies our souls. He truly refreshes and gives life. If you find yourself in a situation where you just feel exhausted and drained, seek Him out. He is ready with arms to open wide for you. Sometimes it is hard to find the motivation to get up and do something, but even in taking the smallest step you will feel his presence and peace. Never forget the steadfast love He has for us, even when we are distant from him. It is in these times that we need to draw near to him more than ever. Keep pushing through and fix your eyes on Him as you run the race. When dry times come, never stop seeking Him. Hold fast to the promises He has made and the love he has for you and me.

"Oh God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
  my soul thirsts for you;
  as in dry and weary land where there is no water.
  So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
  beholding your power and glory.
  Because your steadfast love is better than life,
  my lips will praise you"
 -Psalm 63:1-3

Comments

Popular Posts