THIS WASN'T THE PLAN



Photo by STIL on Unsplash

In a sea of blue, I was going to be the short blonde girl with a red umbrella. The vibrant red was going to pop out in the midst of the rain, blue uniforms, and dark clouds. It was going to be great.

I was so right. The red really did pop, right on the dash of my car. I was so right, people were definitely going to see it. They saw it right through my windshield. I definitely was a little embarrassed getting out of my car that day.

Life isn't easy, and it definitely doesn't always go how we might have planned. Trust me, I can't really think of one day that ever went as planned. But looking back now, I would never want it to. I would have never seen myself where I am right now. I look at where life has brought me in this short amount of time, and all I can think about is how great our God truly is.

I look back at the hurt, worry, and fear I had, trying to force situations to go how I wanted them to. It is exhausting. I thought that it would never come to an end, but it did. It wasn't because of my strength or anything I had myself, but because Christ carried me. He held my hand and walked by my side each and every day. Through this, I came to the realization that things will pretty much never go as planned.

Somehow, even though it might not appear like it now, there is a beauty to things not going how we want them. It just takes the right perspective to see that God's fingerprints are all around you. That you are exactly where you are supposed to be. It isn't always easy, but God didn't promise smooth sailing. He promised a safe landing. Hold on tight because God is going to take you on a journey you could have never imagined.

Love forever & always,

Elizabeth

Comments

Popular Posts